Saturday, July 21, 2012

News from the Event Department

The Promotions Department here at The Lodge asked me to remind everyone of all of A Foster's Tail's events coming up in future days. I said, "Yeah yeah, I'm on it."


I've been working on all kinds of stuff for everyone to see at the next couple of events. First of all, I'd like to thank my friends Pandy and Doris, who wrote Dancers at Heart, for the great example they set for me at the event we were at together. They came rolling up to Martha Merrell's and unfolded a whole lotta great stuff for their book. We had a little time while we people watched and I took a look at some of the fabulous things they brought along.


At the time, all I had was my great little Labrador bag that my friend Judy had sewn for me. I made the best of it but knew I should probably make a little more of an effort for the next event.


The next event is next weekend at Taste of Lake Country in Pewaukee. Saturday afternoon at 2:00pm at End of the Leash Store right on Wisconsin Avenue across from the beach. Hope you can come over for a bit!


I pulled some ideas together and came up with my own little event in a rolling backpack. I sewed a table cover for my table. Its kind of a wild print so it catches the eye. I've got a stand alone picture describing A Foster's Tail and a little bit about me, one for Facebook, and one for Pinterest.


I've also put together a Photo Album with pictures of the first twenty fosters. I went back and looked at my photo CDs and the previous blog posts and ... I have to admit, I got a little teared up. We've had some amazing dogs through our doors. The toughest dogs were, of course, the Labradors ...


The Labrador Phase started with Jasper, next was General Enzo, Sir, Denali, Axel, Cesar, Chocolate Will, and finally Carter. Such great dogs. And it wasnt just the Labs; they've all touched my heart in different ways.


I hope that you can come to one of the upcoming events. I'd love to meet you all in person and hear your stories. Every time I mention that we foster dogs, everyone has a story to tell. I should be writing them all down. They would make a great next book. No, there is not a next book on the desk just yet. I'm trying really hard to focus my energies on getting this one rolling, scheduling events and the like.


Here's the calendar as it stands on July 21. I may be adding more dates and times so stay tuned, watch the Facebook wall for info and pictures!


Saturday July 28 ... 2p - 6p - Taste of Lake Country at End of the Leash, 115 W. Wisconsin Ave.,            Pewaukee


Saturday Sept 8... 9a - 1p - Fondue Fest at Book World, 85 S. Main St., Fond du Lac


Saturday Sept 22 - 1p - 3p - Oconomowoc Public Library, 200 W. South St., Oconomowoc, WI


Additionally, I'm working on getting some more books placed at some stores up in the Manitowoc Area and also, rumor has it I will be on the radio with Mike Wolf of WRJO doing a live interview. They broadcast online as well and I'll let you know what day & time. 


Mike will be doing a couple of book giveaways too! So stay tuned!


Thank you for Reading!!



No comments:

Post a Comment